Monday, July 6, 2009

"I need a volunteer."

::shudder:: My boss' favorite phrase. It makes me cringe. Ya never know what you may be volunteering for. Could be something as simple as making a dozen or so copies of his latest published article or it could be something HORRIBLE... such as directly admitting a patient to the hospital. Again, I cringe. Needless to say, I don't volunteer much.



So why do I bring that up today? Well today was my first day back at work after having 7 weeks off. I was ready for it. I walked in to find about 2 inches of labs and dictated letters to be filed. I HATE FILING. However, I also hate seeing them sitting in the basket. So, after sorting through 3 days worth of faxes (hooray 3-day weekends) and consults and making sure the right doctor had the right info for the day, I started on the filing. And between answering the phones and handling that and refilling some prescriptions, I started filing. I did manage to get all of the labs filed before the end of the day. Tomorrow, I tackle the letters... however, tomorrow is a clinic day so we shall see how that goes... Also, someone (Jenny thinks it was the part-timer who is now FIRED because she was AWFUL) rearranged allllll of my stuff around my laptop. I was very irritated. First I had to sanitize everything and then put it back WHERE IT BELONGS. It is now back to being fully functional.



But yes. It was very strange to walk in and not see Christina or Lucy. They have left me. I'm slightly concerned... I did notice some things while I was filing that were still incorrect so we shall have to fix those things this week. 'Cause I ain't dealing with it. There's no time to fix mistakes. I could have shaved off maybe 15 minutes today from filing if there weren't things I had to fix or look up in the computer... not pleasant. And I noticed some things in the charts that are still incorrect... things better change. Anway... I miss them already :( It'll never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment